Values & Guiding Principles
The Chair's 2018-2019 Annual Report:
Through the discovery, application, translation and communication of knowledge, we prepare future physician leaders, contribute to our communities and improve the health and healthcare experiences of individuals and populations.
We meaningfully impact health through international leadership in education, research and the translation of new knowledge into better care and health outcomes.
1. Ensure that the perspectives and experiences of our patients and their families drive our work
2. Promote equity, diversity and professionalism
3. Be socially accountable and steward healthcare resources
4. Align physician training to meet future population needs
5. Promote the generation and translation of new knowledge to impact health
6. Recognize the contributions of all our faculty members, our inter-professional colleagues, and both our hospital and university identities
7. Enhance mentorship across the academic lifespan, optimize faculty members’ well-being and academic success
8. Raise funds to achieve our goals